Chinese painting on art journal Ft. Edwin Ninja

Hello friends!

I feel like it’s quiet fast from my latest post on my blog, but I have lots of  ideas in my head for my crafting journey and a few fun Instagram stories to tell!
Today I have a rather simple journal pages to share featuring Edwin Ninja [from Magnolia stamp, of course!] along with a very easy Chinese painting. I actually wrote this pages back in few days ago and never got around to posting it.
I am struggling to learn how to handle a Chinese brush to paint, especially on the particular small area like a journal page.


I find it isn't easy .. but I have to learn harder if I want to get a better skill.
When I write in my journal, I don’t dwell on things that went wrong. Focus on the positive aspects of my day or week.
Because I love to write it and read again in the future!


I treasure these words:
"The man who moves a mountain must start by moving small stones."
Chinese proverb

Details;

First of all, I color the image with watercolor mediums. This Image really talked abut the "never give up" then I combine him with Bamboo -- in this case I choose Bamboo because I can learn how to paint the stroke for stem and paint the leaves after that.
I am using Kuretake Gansai Tambi - Japanese watercolor that have creamy texture which is easy to use on this particular Chinese painting, in my opinion!
For the final touch, the glamorous gold splatters from Kuretake Starry Night has made a different gorgeous look.


This is my name in Chinese letter :)

Thank you so much for reading!



1 comment

jolanda said...

Wauw this looks gorgeous!! You can draw beautiful Yulis! I wish I could draw that way. The idea of keeping a journal is also great. So nice to look back in a few years to see your progress. Is the journal all about your drawings?
I would love to keep a journal myself about just every day things but I never take the time to start. 🙁