Winter is still out there | Published on DooHickey magazine #17

Hello friends!

Thank you so much for taking your time to visiting my post, on this holiday.

If you bought the DooHickey dies club from Magnolia you might remember this card published on the magazine that come along with the die set. In case you missed it – I’m sharing this card here on my blog and will share it in my Instagram too, so do take a look!


Card Details :
I started working on my card by selecting images I wanted to use – I used Tilda with Reindeer
stamped her on a piece of watercolor paper with Ranger Dye ink - Black tie. I stick on watercolor to coloring her.
And then I gave her a winter scenery with my hand painted, I was inspired with some pictures somewhere from Internet and I tried to paint it with my imagination.
I used mostly Daniel Smith watercolors and some of Winsor and Newton - Cotman. While the snow effect were from white gouache.

This is the closer look :)
I wish .. it captured the winter quiet fine ..
 Tips :
One tip for a really easy scene: create a frame of trees around the focal image. Trees don’t have to be hard – scribbles can appear to be trees even if they are not really perfectly done!

Thank you so much for reading, sending you the warmest hugs!

1 comment

Jay said...

Hi Yulis, this is utterly stunning, I am a big fan of your beautiful works of art!!!! I love watching you create amazing work on the magnolia channel too!!!
Crafty Christmas Cuddles Jay xx