A love from Sunny Island | Watercolor painting

Hello everyone!

I am glad to see that you visit my blog again, and I hope you have a good week wheresoever you are. Time flies so fast and It's been really hard to find the time to do some crafty work on the busy life somehow, but I always looking the chance.
I couldn't wait any longer, so here is my card for sharing with you;
 

Today I have a card with a simplicity, I just color this Tilda from years ago collection, but she is one of my top lists from Magnolia stamp (actually all the images from Pauline's design have their cuteness and can't choose just some)
She called Singapore Tilda


First, I gather my brave to do some doodling for her background, and I choose one from the Singapore icon; Garden By the Bay.
This place is my favorite, and I still love to visit that place because every season they have another beautiful flowers to enjoy!

I use Sakura watercolor since I have one set left for my self ;)
and the final touch as always I count on White Gouache for the high light.
For the skin, I still using Distress Ink vintage photo from Ranger.


Why I choose the simple design, besides this is the style I love more nowadays, also inspired by Singapore itself, this is a small country with not too much crowded.

if you spot a flower on my card, I die cut them with the dies that come together with the stamp.
I color the flower with a blending tool and distress ink :
Spun sugar, barn door, fossilized amber, seedless preserve.
all the color was inspired by the National Flower : Vanda Miss Joaquim


a note from the gardens;
you can find a lot of beautiful flowers on the Flower Dome and you never feel enough for only once been in the Cloud forest :)
me, I still want to explore more about this tiny red dot ,the culture and foodies and so much more.. a nice place to get a short getaway! 


I hope that you enjoyed my blog post,
see you next time, Have a great day!

3 comments

Ellen said...

Hello Yulis, again a wonderful card and I love the painted background. I agree all Pauline's images are so so cute, I love the very first ones also and still use them. The flower on the card is so beautiful the (in The Netherlands) call this flower Orchidee its a very populair flower here.
Thanks again for so much inspiration !
Have a wonderful week,
Ellen

Beachsidelynn said...

Hi Yulis. Gorgeous card as always. Love that you show your talent on the background and how lucky you are to go to such a beautiful place.

Chris said...

This is so lovely, Yulis! I love how delicate your artwork is. The colors are so soft.

XO,
Chris