Autumn in Korea Ft. Korean Tilda

Good Day all!
It's week 01 at September and today we have a sunny day on Sunday :)
I am so happy to have something to share here, and this time I am featuring Korean Tilda from Magnolia along with my watercolor painting;



I made a simple design with this image and I try to provide an inspiration with autumn feeling, as we will meet autumn very soon and saying goodbye to summer!

Honestly, I never been to Korea and I live on the country that only have two seasons so we don't have neither summer or autumn, so for the scene that I painted that wasn't the real scene that I ever saw! I was searching around the internet and I found some photo stock about Korean village and I tried to do my doodling to capture the autumn scene, so I apologize if I can't provided the truly beauty of Korea.


I saw at movie, television and many pictures around Instagram how beautiful the scene of Korea! I wish I can go there someday especially on autumn or winter .. hopefully!

Here is a bit close up about my doodling and painting;


I am using my fave medium; watercolor! and I use some various brand, mainly Winsor and Newton but Daniel Smith also won my heart with their beautiful color. I have bought a new color : Amiata natural sienna from Daniel Smith and gosh it was beautiful warm soft yellow that I really want to have.
I also use a color from Kuretake Gansai Tambi, deep brown color and I always count on this color for Asian taste on my painting. Thanks to white guache! this paint can help to give some highlight here and there
For finishing touch, I randomly color a watercolor paper scrap with autumn color and cut it out with leaves dies from Magnolia.


Supplies :
Magnolia stamp - Korean Tilda
Leaves dies - Magnolia DooHickey Box
Canson Illustration paper
Watercolor : W&N - DS - Gansai Tambi

Thank you so much for stopping by and see you next time!

xoxo, Yulis

4 comments

Elins Cards and other handscrafts said...

OMG !!! You make art of high level.
Thanks for sharing and giving soo much inspiration
Have a lovely week
xoxo Elin

Williams said...

this is so beautiful!

Candy said...

Yulis, your card is amazing!! I can't believe how you have captured the feeling of Korea ( as I think of it ) Your work is astonishing.
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Big hugs, Candy xoxo

jiwonarts said...


Lovely Yulis.
It is the card which painted the autumn of Korea.
Lovely and
It is so beautiful.
Living in Korea, I was amazed when I first met this beautiful card.
Thank you once again for giving me a happy day.